FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated GUM connection time and logistics
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:08 am
fdflys

Programs: united mileage plus
just did this

I was reading this thread in the hnl lounge the other night after having transited GUM in the morning. I have one big tip for those traveling in e + or -. There is no meal service except for the boxes on sale. If you don't want a box of salt try to get something in the airport or pack your own snacks. Also, for some reason the entry area only showed arriving flight #'s and the immediate area after security and the security check did not have much signage (I saw none but was exhausted so there might have been one I missed). Had I not asked the customs person what gate to head for I would have been fumbling around. I guess it's always #9 for hnl. My flight from hkg arrived early but a problem with the jetway erased the time gain. Don't even ask about a cpu upgrade - n'exist pas. Lastly, if you're doing this as part of a mileage run try to give yourself time between flights for your body to revive - especially if you are traveling in economy. My legs looked like duck pins after this.