FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated GUM connection time and logistics
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:02 am
moyeung

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Is that done on the UScBP floor? You're not going downstairs to "regular" arrival customs (after baggage claim), right?

I was referring to the deadline for GUM-HNL preclearance. When I used to take CS 2, they'd start working and boarding the whole 764 load (now 772) some time after the BP-scan deadline (T-45). If you're not scanned at the entrance of the lounge, they offload your bags. That period of time is obviously not enough to process a new immigrant. That is probably done in HNL, hence the extra day of visa validity.
was just there on the 25 Nov, was hanging at the bar near gate 8 and went down to gate 9 at 0635, regular line had about 50 people, premier line was empty cleared preclearance in 5 min and boarding started about 10 min later
btw yeah, downstairs to Guam customs, the door to the left at USCBP where you used to go to TSA screening is now the precheck line so they closed it off, painless process as your transiting, this trip no questions except to make sure i was in transit, last trip in Oct only asked if i was bringing in more than $10000, but that was probably because i came in from MNL