FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gas explosion at Hyatt Churchill London (11/21/14)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:07 pm
PortlySpartacus

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Across the board, the way the Churchill management has handled this situation, which was likely caused by their own negligence when the restaurant was renovated recently, is a final sign that the hotel simply has poor managers. They basically told me to find my own hotel rooms for my stays until I contacted Hyatt corporate. The hotel and its staff should be ashamed of the way they handled this situation. I hope Hyatt corporate leadership takes the closure of the hotel to make some much needed upgrades to its management team in London.
I just have a different perspective on this I guess. I had a reservation for mid-December prior to the explosion. I heard about the news a day after it happened. I changed my hotel reservation myself to another hotel after I heard that the Churchill would be closed until January.

I suppose I should have expected Hyatt to contact every guest to let them know of this news because I read about it here on FT. I 'assume' this would have happened at some point prior to my reservation date. But because I had the details I figured I would just change the reservation myself.

My issue is you all act like you are entitled to some special benefit because of this. I would expect Hyatt to help rebook in another hotel. Why do you all expect this to be a situation where you get red carpet service? If Hyatt rebooked you in the Andaz, that should suffice, but you probably want extra points in your account for the 'hassle' and inconvenience.

I've heard of successful companies firing customers before, if I were Hyatt, I wouldn't mind losing customers like you if you have this selfish attitude in this type of circumstance.