FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SK-codeshare with Ethiad
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:48 pm
Tango Alpha

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why do you consider it unusual?

SAS says, in their press release:

I fail to see why this, Etihad's apparent 47th partnership, is "unusual". It seems to differ in no substance than many of the existing partnerships concluded by Eithad.

Have you seen the list of Etihad codeshare partners* - what makes SK "unusual" in the light of this diverse list of partners which include airlines, large and small, from all 3 alliances, as well as many unaligned carriers?

*Etihad's codeshare partners: Aegean, Aer Lingus, Air Astana, Air Baltic, Air Canada, Air France, Air Malta, Air New Zealand, Alitalia, ANA, American Airlines, Bangkok Airways, Brussels Airlines, Czech Airlines, Etihad Regional (Darwin Airlines), flyBE, Garuda Indonesia, GOL, JetBlue, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, MEA, NIKI, Philippine Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, S7 Airlines, South African Airways, Sri Lankan Airlines, TAP, Turkish Airlines, Vietnam Airlines.
Why is this a so unusual comment, that you have ask three times, why I find it unusual?

You see it from the wrong perspective. This is a SK forum, not an EY one. That Ethiad has 47 codeshare partners is not interesting here.

SAS has about 25 codeshare partners, as far as I know, and almost everyone is with Star Alliance partners, small domestic carriers or old friends like Icelandair. Among the few exemptions, I am aware of, is Aeroflot and Virgin – if they are still active. And SAS has never touched any of the Gulf carriers before – again as far as I know.