FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do point bloggers ever stay at a bad hotel?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:18 pm
FallenPlat

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Actually, I think the answer here is pretty simple. Two points.

First, miles & points bloggers, by definition, stay at upper-end chain hotels. Even Hilton Garden Inns or La Quintas are too low end. So if all you do is stay at high-end chain hotels known for their consistency -- no Days Inns or other "flags of convenience" need apply -- you're really never going to be too disappointed.

Second and more fundamentally, miles & points bloggers are all true believers else they wouldn't be miles & points bloggers. They love travel. They love long, circuitous flight routings. They love changing planes. They love hotels. All the the stuff I can't stand they love. They're hotel and airline cheerleaders not because they're shills (necessarily) but rather because that's what they live for. On a few of the blogs, the passion and enthusiasm for what they do shows itself in practically every paragraph of every post. For these folks, the glass always full practically no matter what.

Some are so extreme that they even profess to like airplane food!

Is that balanced or objective? Of course not. Do I care? Not really or I wouldn't keep reading. Do you care? Same answer.