FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What impact will the new ECML franchise have on BA to NCL and EDI
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:53 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nectar points? What an absurdity.

From: http://www.dca-design.com/images/con...s2014_Sept.pdf

Those seats don't look so comfortable in F, but let's see how they pan out. No mention of recline, not that the present sliding seat base is particularly great.

From the outset the operators wanted extremely strong visual differentiation between first and standard class, to encourage passengers to upgrade. First-class passengers will all have tables, and the seats will be bigger, deeper and have a greater pitch. The dominant color [sic] will be a dark gray [sic] with head cushions in purple.
The designers describe the effect they were going for as “modern Pullman” – that is, an updated version of the luxury offered by Pullman trains. Luxury automobiles were another influence. Apparently, first-class passengers have grown so accustomed to the décor of their automobiles that they like the transition from road to rail transport to be aesthetically seamless.
As usual there seems to be a downward push in quality. "An updated version of the luxury offered by Pullman trains"? F having tables with slightly bigger seats is not an impressive statement. What little else could the F cabin have to distinguish it from Standard? Frankly the picture of the F cabin on the front of the article is an embarrassment.

Innovative new mobile app that allows customers to order a meal at their seat before or during their journey
A return of meals is a plus ^ But I'll believe it when I see it.

On the BA side, London to Edinburgh in four hours is starting to be competitive with air, I think, at least on the LHR-EDI route.

Last edited by Calchas; Nov 27, 2014 at 8:00 am