FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SK-codeshare with Ethiad
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:47 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Interesting, Etihad is the least interesting Gulf carrier (from my pov) to partner with. They could have chosen something useful such as Emirates or Qatar which both fly from all SAS hubs as it is.

Being able to earn EB on Emirates would have been flat out awesome. Having the option to choose between One World or EB on Qatar as well. But now we get Ethiad?

Typical SAS stupidity. I really wonder if they picked 10 random airlines with whom an agreement wouldn't make sense and then threw them into a bowl to pick one just to get some PR out.
Why would EK and QR be interested in code share with SK? Since they are already serving CPH. QR is part of OW so they are not supposed to co-operate with *A. Also QR can just code share with AY for Scandinavian destinations.

I guess EY might be wanting to be part of *A and code sharing with SK might be a good start. I know that EY owns AB's FFP, and they are actively doing code share with AB. I guess they might be looking into being part of either OW or *A.