FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do the UK Lounges Serve Special Food On Request?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Do the UK Lounges Serve Special Food On Request?

Hi All

Mods if this is better placed elsewhere then please feel free to move.

I was just reading the thread about bringing own food into lounges which seems to be more US based and was wondering about UK based lounges.

After a recent flight and connection at LHR, because of the time of day when I arrived, there was plenty of sandwiches available along with soup and fruit. The change over to hot dishes took place about five minutes before I was due to go to my next boarding gate for my domestic flight.

Now, all of the sandwiches had an allergen warning and specifically the one I am trying to avoid at the moment (gluten).

I did have a bowl of soup (without bread roll) and pushed myself to the leaving limit and quickly scoffed a small bowl of chicken curry before I toddled off to the gate.

This brings me to the question, if say during the time that only sandwiches are being served, do the lounges have the capacity to produce gluten free ones on request or is it a case of whatever is on display?

Safe & Happy travels

S