FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:23 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I went back to that frozen yogurt place that rejected my DC card tonight and used my new CSP there. I talked to the clerk for a bit afterward and it looks like they changed some stuff around now to make their terminal easier to hand to people for PIN entry. ^

However, I don't remember if he actually inserted my card or not; I remember him swiping it and me telling him that he'll probably have to insert it but I don't remember actually seeing him insert the card. The transaction was also a lot faster to authorize than I remember and the terminal didn't require a signature from me, so I really hope their acquirer didn't disable service code enforcement with the firmware to make VEPS/QPS work correctly. Should have asked for a receipt when he offered one to confirm.

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think this latest CSP authorizes significantly faster at Walmart now when inserted.