FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Analysis: 1.5% CB on non-CC items with Ink Plus
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:15 pm
particlemn

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tilleyd
Particlemn, thanks for the clarification, very helpful. ^ Nothing precludes me from applying for the Chase Southwest and manufacturing 60K on it, so I still have a shot! I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was Maybe I'll call Chase and see if they'll be kind enough to tell me which products I had with them in the past. No sense in getting approved for one I already had in the past, as the rewards/promo offers wouldn't apply again.
You might consider keeping better records in the future of when you apply and cancel each card. statements like "I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was" are usually spoken by those who make mistakes. I think you have been misunderstanding helpful comments that are trying to keep you from making mistakes but instead you have called them out saying those people are "newby bashing". I have learned a great deal by reading many comments from many very smart people here, not all of them are written in a touchy fealy way.
I would recommend you reread "mandj" post and rather than think they are bashing newbys understand what they are saying, you were very quick to reply that they were "wrong" and you knew better but if you really look they were trying to help you by pointing out there are better ways to get southwest points. when someone offers you help by pointing out a flaw in what you did it's not a personal attack on you for being a newby its to help you learn and get better and to offer info to others to make them better.