FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sitting in a higher class w/o paying
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:18 am
BerksFlyer

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I was on BA768 (should have been on 764) on the day of the BA762 incident in May 2013. BA768 was the first flight to OSL that day and consequently there were a few dozen people who had been on BA762 on the flight.

I was in CE in a window seat and the aisle seat next to me was vacant. After the seatbelt lights went off a woman walked through the curtain and sat down next to me and said she couldn't sit where she was in EY because the person next to her was getting nervous and they were in an exit row. That in turn was making her nervous.

It turned out after a few minutes chatting that she had been on BA762 and she showed me the pictures she'd taken from her window seat right next to the engine fire! The member of CC did ask her why she was sitting there, she explained and he allowed her to stay put serving her the whole CE service including multiple champagnes.

She got more drunk and loud as the flight went on and I am sure most people in CE were fully up to speed with her experiences that day by the time we flew over Kristiansand and then started our descent.

Personally I wasn't bothered that she'd walked into CE but I was fairly sure that the 'nervous person next to her in ET' was a slight exaggeration and she just fancied an upgrade. She certainly showed no sign if nerves tucking into her alcohol and dinner while showing pictures, sharing her story and asking how much compensation she should seek for her trauma!!