FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good News for MDE Flyers (Copa Club Open October 2014)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:32 am
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Good news about the club! Though, as I foresee moving most of my travel to AA in the coming year, I suspect I will often find myself with my nose pressed up against the glass. That said, I usually don't arrive at MDE very early, so I rarely wait more than 20 minutes at the gate.

Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I have stated before that I'm also expecting Copa to depart M+ when their contract expires. I can't remember if it does so in 2015 or 2016, but since they are no longer tied to and CO ownership, and since they run a great airline, I'm thinking they probably would like to lose the association with UA and the bad PR it brings with it.

Now... What to do about the livery. (Just one of many questions, for sure)
I'm not as confident that CM will leave *A. It's certainly possible, and more so now that they announced that they are leaving M+. However, they just signed up with *A a couple of years ago and I don't know how much they would value joining Skyteam. If they add ATL and DTW to their destinations, then we'll know.