FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 pm
shadowhyde

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Hello from Sunny Sydney,

I've been clocking a lot of hours on TG this year and finally I've earned Royal Orchid Plus Gold last week, and I can't wait to take my next flight home in December. However, I have a few questions prior to my next leg if you could help clarifying. Thank you!

Some questions are too specific but I'll just place them here anyway, so hopefully someone who's experienced could help me out. Here goes:

1. At the time I'm checking in at TG Counter at Kingsfordsmith Airport *SYD, will I be entitled to a Fast Track ( Express Path ) under Gold Star Alliance or Gold ROP Member?

2. Could I visit both Air New Zealand and Krisflyer Lounge in Sydney?

3. At the time of checking in, if I have a travel companion who is currently holding an ROP Silver, *S, could the ground staff check him in as well (Applicable for both Sydney Airpot and Suvarnabhumi Airport Check-in Counter B)

4. When I was an ROP Silver member, I was given the Purple 'Priority' Baggage Tag for every checked-in baggages but somehow I felt that they weren't as 'Priority' as they should have been, will that be the case for Gold? Will the luggage tag be different (color, how they're installed, etc)

5. As I'm flying out on 17 December, will I get my Gold Pack before I fly? What's the average time taken for the Gold Pack to arrive? If worse come to worse, will I still enjoy the ROP Gold benefits?

6. Since I'm flying to Bangkok quite often, and I'm planning to do so at regular interval in coming years, should I try other programs such as Miles and Smiles, Krisflyer, UA Mileage Plus or should I stick to TG ROP?

7. What is the chance of earning a free upgrade if the flight is Full? (As I'm aware that there is now a standby upgrade surcharges, I'm not sure if I could ask for a free upgrade if I'm a solo traveller)

8. Does TG ROP still offer Birthday Promotion? If not, when did the Birthday Promotion end?

9. In January, I'm going to do BKK-KIX, but my brother got a W ticket, can I somehow change to at least a Q ticket?

10. I really love flying and I want to earn higher FF status, as well as other Loyalty Programs. I love travel, food, and want to start documenting them and create a blog. I don't like my postgrad study now, could I get some professional advice on what job sector should I be looking at to at least enjoy some of these benefits?

Thank you for your time!