FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Thanksgiving Eve Northeast US Winter Storm and Impact to UA's Operations
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 pm
dinoscool3

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by meehgz
Super excited to likely fail in getting home for Thanksgiving (final destination ITH via EWR tomorrow) on my way back from CTG after already having a four day vacation here cut to three after a diverted flight due to weather in BOG kept me in PTY for a full day/night on my way in... Ugh. If I didn't already have the best possible itinerary booked, I'd try to mess around with getting into a Y or B fare class on a different schedule, and possibly switching back, but it would just be way too much of a pain to try to manage at this point given I can't change it online due to the first flight (CTG-PTY) being a CM flight...
Originally Posted by aacharya
Id proactively have a rental car plan for EWR or any other airport that you can to toute to.

I'd suggest trying to get to ELM as that flight goes through ORD instead of EWR, and renting a car there to drive to ITH. Driving from EWR north may be a problem as some of the worst part of the snow is on the drive from EWR to ITH.