FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:16 pm
jamesb2147

Originally Posted by drron
This lack of sAAver awards has been present for quite some time.Around the end of July I began looking for F sAAvers NRT-USA.I am yet to see one for 2015.I ended up deciding this trip was to be our paid DONE 4 for the year.
Have another trip in Sept/OCT.No AA sAAver awards have appeared from Asia and none GYE-MIA.No agent has known about any change in policy even when told that this situation has been going on for months.
So my CC and SPG points are now going to SQ and lifemiles.
That's not exactly the same thing. I've had plenty of trouble finding MIA-SCL business space, for example, over the last year or so.

What's different about this situation is that something changed on Friday. e.g. MIA - MGA was available all throughout February as of Thursday, but suddenly NOTHING by Friday night.

Our further confirmations that this applies to ALL international routes on AA metal 11+ days out most likely have nothing to do with your route-specific and class-specific concerns. AA is just sometimes stingy with award space. We're seeing more than just stinginess (sp?) here. Did availability change for you on Friday? Like, space was there, and then suddenly nothing? That's what we're talking about.