FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:15 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just applied for Chase SW Plus personal and said it's pending review. This was a mild surprise to me. I have 3 Chase personal cards (all 2+ yrs old), 1 business (applied 2-3 months ago) and excellent credit (780+ Experian) and high income. The big thing is that I got a luxury car lease last night (they pulled Experian). I'm going to call the reconsideration line now; if they're worried I have too much CL, I'll pull some from my Sapphire ($30K) that I don't ever use anymore. But assuming I get approved, should I apply for another SW card right away? Wait a week? Will it matter at this point if I apply for a business or personal?
That does seem like a lot of Chase cards (3 personal, 1 biz), but I think you still have some room for another biz card. It does sound like you are starting to get a large credit line. We know the lenders view that as a potential for trouble brewing... you could charge up those CL's and head to Mexico tomorrow.

The high CL's will sidetrack your instant approvals, but your chances still seem excellent for the current app. You could either call recon or ride it out. Does the message say they'll let you know in 7-10 days? Or 2 weeks?