FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:49 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by rj123456
There have been many reports of erratic KE availability but I actually see a fair amount of KE availability on delta.com, EXCEPT for the dates that I am looking at.

Though something weird is going on. KE shows no availability for SFO-ICN (in J) but shows the same flights being available for SFO-ICN-HND. But delta.com shows neither available.

Another question: is the following a valid routing?

SFO-KE-ICN-KE-HND stop for 6 days KIX-KE-ICN-stop for 3 days-SFO?
If you can find award space on those flights, that is a valid routing if booked by Dec 31 (can be for travel after Dec 31) -- a trip to HND, open jaw to KIX, stopover in ICN on the way home. You'll need to get an agent to book it and it may take a few hang-ups and call-agains to find an agent who knows how to correctly do this. Be very clear with the agents that you are looking book a stopover as part of your trip and that you have heard those need to be manually priced.

Based on my recent experience to Europe it may be easier if you book a multi-city trip online first SFO-ICN-HND and ICN-SFO (if you are able to get the website to do this), and then call to try to add the KIX-ICN segment. I am able to get this multi-city to pull up correctly on DL.com at 140K miles for business class on April 14 outbound, April 28 return, for example.

Note that if you are searching for award seats on Korean's own website, Delta will not necessarily offer the same number of seats as Korean does (in addition to tech glitches which may make some of the space that does exist hard to see). So I would suggest sticking to the Delta website. Do one-way searches for SFO-HND and ICN-SFO to find dates with availability, look for 140K pricing, and then combine the dates you have found into a multi-city trip.

Last edited by bgriff; Nov 25, 2014 at 8:03 am