FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 is now my favourite plane!
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:55 pm
newguy62

Programs: AC SE100k, MM, MP, onepass, Fairmont Platinum, Millennium Hotels Elite
Just a note after a recent flight (my first) on AC 787. Plane is indeed very nice overall, and bus class seat is a huge improvement on classic pods, where I always seemed to find hard lumpy bits underneath me as I tried to sleep. Seat is much more of a continuous surface which is much more comfortable.

Two annoying design flaws, however. I was at very front, with 3 windows to myself, which was very nice. Problem is that there is basically no overhead storage for the first row. Makes no sense at all - first bin is small and for crew gear, and second bin is for second row. Second issue is that the washrooms are very, VERY small. I like to change into pj's on long flights and these 787 washrooms are about the size of CRJ narrowbody commuter jet washrooms. Not what I expected on the 787. 777 washrooms by contrast are much more spacious. Other than that, I like the windows, where the dark setting really makes it feel like flying at night - no more of the bright sun from the loose-fitting shades on the older windows.

Last edited by newguy62; Nov 24, 2014 at 9:00 pm