FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for TalkBoard voting process - announcements and stand-down period
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:54 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Here what I posted in the private TB forum yesterday on the matter:

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I've been following /participating in TB since it was created.

Other than the 'bad old days' when the appointed TB operated in total secrecy and lack of transparency, this was the fastet vote I've ever seen take place. Even faster than when Randy would come to the TB and say 'I want to open a new Turkish Airlines forum. Please vote to do so.' @:-)

To <redacted>'s point, in the past TB members took their time before voting for the most part.

So to me this was an outlier situation.

That said, it really ISN'T fair that a vote can be finished before a site-wide announcement that it is taking place is posted, and there is nothing preventing that from happening again.

So I do think it makes sense to add a provision to the TB Guidelines that there be a 'comment period' between when a motion is made and seconded AND a site-wide announcement of that motion is posted and when voting on that motion opens. 72 hours seems like plenty.

I'd make that motion now, but we're in a lame duck situation so think it's more fair to wait until the new TB session begins.