FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EDITION Miami Beach -- Reservation Questions
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:17 pm
BostonFlyer1624

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by bennettrich
Reposting this from another thread--

First time using Marriott Rewards via Chase points transfer. Would love some expert opinions here. I made a rewards reservation at the Miami Beach Edition for 12/5 and 12/6. The reservation is for 90k miles for two nights, but I don't have the points in my account yet. However Marriott.com still let me make the reservation with the flag that I have to add an "e-certificate." I've never booked a rewards res like this before. In addition to that weird wrinkle - being able to reserve the room without the points - they're also now telling me that the room can only be cancelled 30 days before the stay. If I cancel now, I'll get charged for the full room rate which is absurdly high.

I need your help, folks. Is there any way I can get out of this reservation? I'm not going to have enough points for the stay, and I don't want to pay through the nose for a full rate cancellation fee. Really appreciate the help!
You should have read the cancellation policy first. Not sure why you missed that?

In any case, your best bet is to call the hotel directly, explain the situation, and see if they will be kind enough to help.