FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gas explosion at Hyatt Churchill London (11/21/14)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:24 am
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I had already sorted out my immediate reservation, but received the following email this morning, and two cancellation of December ward reservations with points going back into account.

Dear ,

Greetings from London.

As you may have heard, Hyatt Regency London The Churchill experienced a small gas explosion in the basement on Friday, 21st November. Twelve Hyatt associates are being treated for injuries. No guests were injured, and all guests were evacuated to nearby hotels. Hyatt's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our guests and associates, and we are currently working to provide guests with accommodations while we evaluate whether the hotel received any significant damage.

While we deal with this extremely difficult situation, we unfortunately will not be able to accommodate any guests from now until Monday, 01st December 2014 meaning all bookings arriving over this time will be cancelled. We will also not be taking any future reservation inquiries until further notice.

Please accept out sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and should there be anything please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

The Churchill Team,

While it says Dec 1, my future reservations which were cancelled were for later in December, so I think the date really is Dec 31. I understand Andaz is full. I think if you can find other reservaitons, you should book them. What a mess!