FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:04 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mamb0
LX F on A340 is still one of my favourites.. Yes, it looks old, and the colors aren't helping But the seat is very comfortable. I am not hesitating to book LX F.

In C ymmv. You need to choose the right seat and this whimsical air cushion thing doesn't work for me. Still better than LH.

If I learned one thing in the last month: Loyalty does not pay off.
+1 on LX F (the old F that is).

C really depends heavily on the crew- I have had some great crew experiences and some really poor ones- the seat I do like when it is working correctly- the table trays though have a mechanism that is prone to problems.

I do agree mamb0 that the current management of the group don't think loyalty should be necessarily rewarded- and as a result flying on the best mix of price/service/value together of course with schedule is the best course of action. Last week I had a very inexpensive oneway on BA and as a oneWorld Emerald received an operational upgrade- something that would never happen on Lufthansa even when I was a HON circle member in the last years.

Swiss is a very good airline and should be allowed to continue to be run completely separately from Lufthansa. Lufthansa currently delivers what I consider a very poor value in most conditions unless there are some lowball A or P fares around- in other words the product is only a good value at a significant discount price.

I do hope Swiss can continue to serve as a premium airline and find that apart from the outrageous overcrowding of the SEN/C lounges the ZRH transit experience is generally very good.

Back to the question of the OP- Swiss has not lost their premium niche- they do however need to invest to keep it given the fast moving changes in the industry.