FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:01 am
CheckInPeach
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
I'm on the same page as PetzLUX, in general the service and quality on LX is good and I fly them pretty often. In particular I consider LX service more sincere than on LH.

BUT, I had to experience myself lately that looking outside the LH group broadens the sight. Not that the grass is always greener but there is grass too. Comparing LX C with EY C for example showed me how much better a C ride can be. And I'm not saying LX' C is bad. It is quite good in my opinion. The sad thing is that EY C is mostly even cheaper than LX' C. The only huge disadvantage is the desert break.

On one point I have to agree though, the old F on LX' A340 has become a joke. It's only acceptable if they would sell it for not more than 10% of an average business fare. And I'm pretty sure we're going to see such deals in the near future.

After all I would still consider LX a premium airline even though definitely not on the top of the scale.

Last edited by CheckInPeach; Nov 23, 2014 at 7:12 am