FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:17 pm
GRUflyer

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
The tastes are so different…

I have spent many flights on LX in the last 4 years.
Except one flight (CAI-ZRH) in C where the crew was just OK; I had very good to excellent/outstanding crews, no matter if C or F.
In F, food has always been excellent.
I can sit and sleep very well in LX aircraft, no matter if old F, new F or C. Yes, I like the LX C seat.
OS may have the better video screen, but this is something I really don't care about. I do not watch movies. I take dinner, listen a bit of music on my iPod (here I have my favorite music - not the mainstream ........ you can find on IFEs) and then I sleep.
And on VIE-BKK in C, food was just horrible. On that day Do&Co was more of "Don't&K.O."

A few weeks ago, I had 2 long haul flights together with my sister, outbound in LH F, inbound in LX F. My sister too did prefer LX: better service and better food.
The new LH F seat and cabin are nice, but the LH crew was just more or less professional - not the perfect and warm service I am used from LX.

Recently I gave LH F another chance on FRA-HKG-FRA (B748). After the trip I said to myself "Nice but far from perfect service; it would have been better to book LX F."

And being HON since half a year now, HON recognition has been much much better at LX than at LH.
Thinking outside of LH World....

Have you ever tested the Business Cirrus seats of AA 77W, CX, new AF? Or the Zodiac from IB, AZ, EY? The SQ super wide seats? Or even Virgin Atlantic service in UC?

Those are far away ahead of LX.

Management has to think outside of the box and aim to match the best. Beating UA C and F is hardly something to be proud of...