FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:03 pm
shogunate03

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, TK Elite, A3 Gold
Adding my experience staying at ROS as a Plat. I received a river view deluxe room and access to the lounge (due to SPG Plat status). The lounge services was fairly extensive including breakfast, afternoon tea, and light dinner.

Pro
- Views of the river, both from my room and from the lounge. Lounge is spacious and has a wide view of North/South of the river
- Service generally pretty good
- Restaurants/bars right by the river which is a nice place to just lounge around
- Boat from BTS was very comfortable. They even offered cold towels and water for the short ride.
- Evening snack/light dinner service seemed good. Could be a meal replacement.

Con
- Location works if you are going to spend a lot of time along the river. There is a boat to BTS Saphin Taksim but it only runs every 30 min
- Slight housekeeping flaw - saw a used/opened amenity bag with the cotton/q-tips still left in a drawer
- Upgraded and then downgraded. I saw on my SPG account that I had been upgraded to a Suite so was really excited about that. When I arrived (late 11pm arrival) I was then downgraded to a Deluxe room. No explanation at all at first so I pushed back and spoke to the duty manager. His excuse was that they suddenly had a lot of Plats book and were all out. I think this is pretty poor form - if they weren't going to upgrade me, then don't do it and then change their mind.

Overall I probably won't be back as I think the location doesn't work for me. And the whole downgrade situation just left a bad taste.