FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does EK not allow advance emergency row seat reservations for Golds/Plats?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:57 pm
CalFlyer

Originally Posted by Budley
From what I have seen of the people in exit rows (and I probably do fly Emirates a bit more than you), many would be struggling to open an exit door, let alone help anyone out.

But, if you are checking in in Kiev or such place, no one can convince me that the agent may not be favourably disposed to helping out an old comrade.

Just my ha'porth's worth (I am English after all).
Of course you are right, Budley. The way it works at EK is that travellers who do not know how to check-in online and/or show up early at the airport end up in the emergency row seats. These are typically old, inexperienced travellers. Not always, but often.

LH is much smarter. "May I seat you in the emergency row", asks me the LH agent today when I rebook a flight. LH understands that it is better for customer satisfaction and for safety to have HONs sit in emergency rows. You do not need a rocket scientist to understand this (well, some of the posters here do).