FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report/Review: ClubAcela Lounge at Washington Union Station
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:11 pm
DCA writer

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Mainly curious in following up on this thread, has the lounge at Washington Union Station improved their snack offerings? Maybe someone can offer a recent report? Also curious to see if outside food is still banned?

Thanks.
I was last there in October, and the snack offerings were still limited to packaged pastries at breakfast, pretzels and Goldfish the rest of the day. Every now and then, I've seen the NYP lounge offer some of those Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips; they would make a decent addition at WAS.

One thing that had changed: The alcove with the historic posters of trains was blocked off temporarily for some construction.

To be clear, while the ClubAcela could be vastly improved in WAS (having actual windows, as at BOS, would be swell), as a quiet place to grab a cup of coffee and get some work done before boarding the train apart from the usual endless line, it's fine.