FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2014
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:57 am
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JRV62
Wow, if there are that many bad area's within 200 miles of you maybe your area is not as nice as think I'm sure you didn't mean it but when you make a statement like that how do you expect people to take it? I have 5 different email providers and I never realized which one I used portrayed how well off I am.
Most big cities have wide ranges. Take NY, DC, SFO. Very high and very low.

Of the top 25 counties by median household income - Six of the counties are located in the state of Maryland, five are in Virginia, four in New Jersey, three in New York, two in California, and one each in: Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee, and Texas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

The DC area counties in the list were not included in the red card trial - even though they have Target stores. I had to go to a county not in the list to get a red card. Not trying to make any class statement - just stating a fact from the demographics.

Higher income areas are likely not the target for pre-paid cards, where there are a higher percentage of standard credit cards.

And I bet that American Express is going to find a high percentage of their Red Card customers also have other American Express products and that they live in areas outside of the targeted areas - for obvious reasons here.

Last edited by cova; Nov 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm