FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:20 am
PetzLUX

The tastes are so different…

I have spent many flights on LX in the last 4 years.
Except one flight (CAI-ZRH) in C where the crew was just OK; I had very good to excellent/outstanding crews, no matter if C or F.
In F, food has always been excellent.
I can sit and sleep very well in LX aircraft, no matter if old F, new F or C. Yes, I like the LX C seat.
OS may have the better video screen, but this is something I really don't care about. I do not watch movies. I take dinner, listen a bit of music on my iPod (here I have my favorite music - not the mainstream ........ you can find on IFEs) and then I sleep.
And on VIE-BKK in C, food was just horrible. On that day Do&Co was more of "Don't&K.O."

A few weeks ago, I had 2 long haul flights together with my sister, outbound in LH F, inbound in LX F. My sister too did prefer LX: better service and better food.
The new LH F seat and cabin are nice, but the LH crew was just more or less professional - not the perfect and warm service I am used from LX.

Recently I gave LH F another chance on FRA-HKG-FRA (B748). After the trip I said to myself "Nice but far from perfect service; it would have been better to book LX F."

And being HON since half a year now, HON recognition has been much much better at LX than at LH.