FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:33 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Booking a trip to Hawaii with AE miles. I chose UA 757-300 J LAX-OGG with YYZ-LAX on AC 767 over Premium Rouge on AC through YVR. Any thoughts if that will be any better?
Funny you should mention that.

Spent a few days trying to figure out how to get back to Hawaii- paid not on miles. (The HNL trip a couple of weeks ago was one of the last on mainline).

As you know, only YYC-OGG and YVR-KOA are mainline. All others are now rouge. We have no intention of flying them - either from YYZ or from any other point, even in premium. One trip with them was enough.

Here's the interesting thing though and maybe others can offer opinion:

I was trying various options on ac.com. If I want to fly for eg. YYZ-OGG or KOA, the site's top item is rouge. After that, the routes are all AC with UA.

Yet, if I want to fly directly from YYC-OGG or YVR-KOA, the site lets me book that. So it seems that if you want mainline from YYZ to either OGG or KOA with connections, you will have to buy 2 separate tickets. (AC likely also assumes that if you want to fly to Hawaii form YYZ, you would want the shortest flight and a direct one for convenience. Not all of us.)

I am sure some of you know a way around this. And I know there will others with far more experience who can offer better answers.