FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:59 am
GRUflyer

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?

Dear FTers,

I have not set foot on a LX flight for over 2 years now. I had catastrophic service onboard, so I just gave it up altogether.

From the unbelievaably cheap and old offerings in the harware and catering in F on the A340 - on my last flight in F the food was somehow overly salty that even the FA said he had never seen anything like that, and they had 4 crew members try the food before coming to the realization that I was not being picky - it was indeed unedible.

And then there's the C seat and service. While for C the service is OK, the seats are falling behind. Yes, I know SN, DL, AC, AA all use them. But LX has always been the "premium airline" of Europe and the LH group, given its historic ties with Swissair and the fact that they operate a hub out of one of the wealthiest cities in the world.

I gave up completely on LX.

I mean, when IBERIA and AZ have better C seating than you, it is time to rethink your strategy...

They really need to up their game soon with the 77W or they will just become a second tier European airline. Even LH has made major changes and has a fantastic F product (at least).