FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To MR or Not?
Thread: To MR or Not?
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:33 pm
MFNlaw

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, HHonors-Diamond
To MR or Not?

I lurk much more than I post, and I want to thank all of you for the good advice I've read over the years.

I know that there are a lot of these threads at this time of year, but I need opinions. I used to travel frequently, then I switched to a job where I didn't travel at all for 2 years. Now I'm back traveling frequently. I'm based in the mid-Atlantic, and my territory is the middle of the country and West Coast. Right now, I have about 41,400 miles for the year, and a trip to CA the first week of December that will get me approximately 5,000 MQMs. I'm fine on MQDs. I would have hit Gold already if I didn't have to fly WN to HQ in MHT.

My travel will be about the same next year. The question is do I stretch and MR for Gold, or hold at FO and roll over a ton? This would be a no-brainer if rollover didn't exist--I'd do a MR. I've been upgraded once this year, but I appreciate being able to select preferred at booking and EC seats on the day of travel. It makes a huge difference. I never want to go from Platinum to no status ever again. It was painful.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!