FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was this a bad idea? (Authorised user isn't real)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:24 pm
ibleed0range

Originally Posted by alexmt
So, my legal name isn't actually Alex, but Alex is the name I use. I hate it at restaurants when they read the name on the card (my legal name) and say "have a nice day -my legal name that I hate-" - knowing that some card companies allow authorised users with no evidence that is a legal person, I got online and tried - only Bank of America and American Express wanted a SSN. The others let me just type in Alex and get an authorised user card.

Will these banks (Discover, Citi, Barclay's, Chase) try to add this to a credit report, realise Alex isn't a legal person and is just the name I normally use, and take adverse action? I know I probably should have tried just one instead of going for all four but I'm like "okay, I'm sick of this credit-card-has-legal-name thing, I'm taking care of this now" - it's too late obviously, but do you all foresee any issues?
What does it matter anyway? You can ask to have it removed from your credit report anyway it isn't your card and your not responsible for it.