FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Changes (165 seats per Airbus, and more)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:13 am
FLIHGH

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
EMS is staying onboard the aircraft. What is changing is the pitch of the core product. The 320s are going to be retrofitted with the same interior and seats that are now on the 321s. The seats on the 321s are getting rave reviews from customers. Customers are saying the are more comfortable and roomier. Also with the new retrofit the 320s are going to receive the new LiveTv system that is installed on the 321s. Larger screens, more channels, ATC Channel and better system reliability. These changes aren't scheduled to start until 2016. Nothing is changing on the 190s. Adding more seats will require a 3rd flight attendant on the aircraft and we couldn't had enough seats without asking you to sit on your neighbors lap to pay for that 3rd FA.

We are getting hammered in the media about all of the changes. Is it fair that it's happening? Partially. Yes in the past we prided ourselves on being different. Corporate took a shift on that but we are still Jetblue. We still have the best crews in the air and are going to take care of you. We are still going to give you all the snacks and drinks that you want. We are going to go out of our way to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. Our core seats will still have the most leg room in coach, even with the additional seats. The 321s currently have the same seat pitch as the 320s will have. The 321s seats are thinner and i'm guessing you won't even notice the loss on 1". I have yet to fly on the 321 so I don't have first hand knowledge. All I have is the sayings coming from those that have flown on it and they loved it.
Do you know if they plan to keep the boarding procedure the same? With more seats on the 320, if you sit in the front and board last, will you be screwed by full overhead bins?