FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:52 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by vogriphach
I stayed in W Bangkok last week and also stayed in a Studio Suite. Wrote about my experience here:

http://iwandered.net/2014/11/16/w-hotel-bangkok-review/
Just read your review. I agree with you to a certain extent. Your review emphasizes the hard product, e.g., "It may be because I’ve never stayed in place that’s so fashionable before." But when i stayed there, the soft product wasn't up to the standards of the hard product.

"You won’t find butlers here, though a Whatever/Whenever concept allows guests to request for anything under the sun." That's true. In fact, the way you wrote it completely coincides with my experience. It allows guests to requests, but having that request fulfilled was a completely different story.

Other reports on this thread indicate that my own experience wasn't an outlier. There may have been some staffing issues related to this, as well. A friend who was a Concierge here at the opening left for what some might argue is a more prestigious Starwood property after a relatively brief tenure.

OTOH it's entirely possible that there have been real improvements in the soft product.

Regardless, if it works for you, that's really all that matters!!