FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:49 pm
luna6

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
There's a shuttle bus that goes to and from the hotel to the airport. It's not free, but price is reasonable. I've stayed in just about every type of room here. For anybody interested, the rooms to get imo (descending order):

1a) Executive Suite. It's on the corner of the building facing Haeundae beach/ocean. I've only had this room on the far right side of building (when facing out onto Haeundae beach). Great view of the ocean in living room and bedroom has nice view of Dongbaek Island (can't see much of the beach since you are on the far right).

1b) Executive Grand Room. These rooms are situated in the middle of the building facing out onto Haeundae beach. It's one really large room (about the size of 2 deluxe rooms) and view is probably the best, since you can see all of the beach area + ocean. My wife prefers this room, I slightly prefer the Executive Suite, but you should be really happy with either one.

3) Executive Park View (if you get the corner room). Room is basic, but since its in the corner, you get a nice view of the harbor + view of the street where the Grand Hotel is situated. Can see lots of bright lights from nearby buildings at night.

4) Family Suite. You get a boring park view + bedroom Dongbaek Island. If you have kids this is probably the best option. Has small kitchen area, living room, bedroom. View is the worst compared to the three listed above.

5) Executive Beach View/Deluxe Beach View. Room is small with bed taking up most of the area. Desk area is reasonably spacious. Nice view of Haeundae Beach, but the window is about half as wide as the Executive Grand Room (think 4x3 versus widescreen). Between Executive and Deluxe - rooms are same except Executive gives you higher floor.

6) Executive Park View/Deluxe Park View. Faces park. Its small and feels like any hotel in the world. Wouldn't stay here unless some kind of special rate or have an event to go to and not going to spend much time in room.

Never had the Ondol Suite or President Suite.

Last edited by luna6; Nov 21, 2014 at 12:21 am