FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Changes (165 seats per Airbus, and more)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
2:36 AM, EST, and it took me much longer then expected, but I have rebooked 7 RT transcon flights that were on jetBlue to AA. SCREW JET BLUE!
And what do you get for that change? Assuming you're still flying in Y I'd take 32.5" in a B/E Aerospace seat on B6 over the AA Recaro seats.

I certainly understand the cathartic feeling of saying "screw you" to a company, but the changes are still 18 months out and in the interim you're giving yourself a worse experience on board.

Originally Posted by LAXative
One point of contention... the JFK-LAX/SFO routes are serviced by new AA B321s (with actual F suites & J product, all lie-flats).
Sure, but also with Recaro's slimline seats in Y. And they are not fun to ride 5-6 hours in. The AVOD is nice but adding a connection and the less comfortable seat (save paying extra for MCE on AA which is just as uncomfortable but with more legroom) seems a bad idea to me.

I'm not happy with the changes either, but with more than a year to go before we start to see the new cabin configs I figure there is plenty of time to decide on what to do with my travel.

I could argue that the fare family thing is even worse for me. Even if I end up buying a mid-range fare (i.e. 1 free bag) odds are I won't be checking one so I'm still "subsidizing" someone else's behavior.