FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:04 pm
TOMFORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I linked one of my checking accounts with BB, got the 2 small transactions, verified. When I tried to load $40 onto Bluebird, my account got an error message says something like risk denied transaction. Then got the following email. Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like a sh load of PII requested for such a small thing.

Hello agp,
During a recent review, we noticed irregular activity on your Bluebird Account. For your security and protection, some of the features on your Bluebird Account have been suspended while we conduct further investigation.

In order to restore these account features, please help us verify your identity by sending a readable copy of the following documents within ten days of the date on this email:

Valid Picture ID
A valid driver's license card OR
A valid state issued ID OR
A valid Government ID Card (e.g. Green Card)OR
A valid United States Passport

A copy of your Bank Statement from US Bank Account Ending in XXXX, which is dated within the last 3 months, and shows your name, address and last four digits of your account number.
A copy of the front of the Debit Card or Payroll Card Ending in NA.
For your convenience, these documents can be sent in one of the following three ways:

Secure Document Upload:
You can securely send your documents using your desktop or supported mobile device by:
Clicking here
Logging in with your account credentials and
Uploading your documents
OR Fax:
Fax your document(s) to 1-855-586-3256.
OR Mail:
Account Protection Services
4315 South 2700 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84184
Please call Account Protection Services at 1-800-660-2454 if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Bluebird

Last edited by TOMFORD; Nov 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm