FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InFlight catering for vegetarians
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:24 pm
emma69
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia77
Well the odd pastry offering was veggie - but with the eggs, flour and milk in the ingredients list - it was defo not a vegan or GF option...might email BA and ask why... But the salad offered today versus the bacon sandwhich, would have catered for vegans and GF so understand that...(and 5 of the 11 people seated around me asked for the veggie option, so that's actually a high rate...

I hate it when I order a lacto veggie meal and I get a flavourless vegan rice dish when the airline offers something like fish, beef and a veggie pasta option choices for the 'meat eaters'.

I'm going long haul in two weeks, so will see what the BA pre ordering menu comes up with...
I opt for Asian vegetarian on transatlantic routes in an attempt to avoid the blandness - normally get a half decent lentil or chickpea curry. However on my routing last month to Tokyo it yielded a quinoa salad with, wait for it, a quinoa main. All tasted exactly the same, just one was hotter than the other! Shockingly poor planning on their part IMO.