FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Changes (165 seats per Airbus, and more)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:00 pm
Aewanabe

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
Unhappy Some mild rebuttal points.

Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
2:36 AM, EST, and it took me much longer then expected, but I have rebooked 7 RT transcon flights that were on jetBlue to AA. SCREW JET BLUE!

Boston, it was the perfect setting..........for jetBlue to entice Boston passengers away from other carriers, add lots of flights and cities, offer extra leg room and free checked baggage.........and then, pull the plug on all of it.

So, to jetBlue, I say the following: I know that you took advantage of me, that you "bait and switched me," and that you have no soul.

So, starting yesterday, I tell every person that I meet why they should walk away from jetBlue and fly any number of other carriers. And I keep repeating myself, and repeating myself, and repeating myself.

jetBlue, by the time enough of your former once loyal passengers are done with you, you should look like a prune.

Sayonara.
Full disclosure: I am a JetBlue pilot, and not thrilled about these changes.

Having said that, I'm just going to respond to a couple points you've made, and hope some of the others posters on the thread might take note.

If you are elite on AA, great, you have some upgrade options and admittedly TB and Mosaic are quite weak when compared to AAdvantage. If not, well, you've relegated yourself to a transcon on either a 737 or 757 with likely no AVOD/individual monitors, no free WIFI, and 31-inch pitch.

The changes to the A320 fleet will not start until 3Q 2016, which means if you were flying anytime next year (presumably, as AA only books one year forward) you've cost yourself 3 inches of pitch. Even after the changes, the pitch on the A320 fleet will be 32.6 inches, still greater than most (if not all) of the legacies.

In internal communications the company has indicated EMS seat pitch will remain at 38 inches.

The pitch is not changing on the E190.

The A321 product, which our customers seem to really like, was rolled out with 33 inches of pitch in basic coach. Nobody grabbed the pitchforks for that one.

The company did a very poor job of rolling out this issue to our customers, which is disappointing. The communication indeed had a tone of "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you".

I wish it hadn't happened, and with reconfigurations not scheduled to begin for 17 months it may still not. However, the writing has seemingly been on the wall for the last few quarterly calls... At a minimum I'd like to see Mosaic members receive the EMS product for free to increase the value proposition, but that's not my side of the company.