FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Changes (165 seats per Airbus, and more)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:00 am
edge2125

Originally Posted by LAXative
I guess we'll see next year if the prices actually drop to account for "unsubsidizing" everyone else's checked bags.)
Yes. I would think it's more likely that if you don't check bags you continue to pay the same price you would have paid under the previous system. If you do check bags, you now pay extra for that. So, the messaging that bundling fares will actually save money for those who don't check bags is probably just spin. But, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I really prefer JetBlue over the other carriers, so these changes were disappointing. I guess the changes were to be expected given the investor pressure, Wall Street etc., but this will hurt their reputation in the short term (although the wailing in Twitter and comment sections along the lines of "Never again, JetBlue!", "I'm only flying Southwest from now on!!") is a little over the top. If they can remain competitive on price, I would still prefer to fly JetBlue, especially as cabin changes to reduce legroom will begin only in mid-late 2016.