FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PPKFLY - This rate is eligible for frustration.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:55 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rove312
I have an upcoming PPKFLY stay, and I've taken a screen shot of the page saying it's eligible for points. Do I gather that it's pretty important how they record it at check-in? So I should bring a printout, show it, and do my best to see that they record it.
Although it wouldn't hurt to confirm when checking in, it's up to how the property flags the stay prior to the posting sweep. So even though the FDC might say yes, if the night auditor decides it doesn't qualify, they may flag your folio as such. You might try having a copy to leave with the FDC and highlight the statement that the rate is a qualifying rate.

If it fails to post, then send the property another copy of your screen shot and ask them to get the points posted. They may refuse saying the website was wrong (or suspecting the printout was doctored), but at least you did your best. The CP program does not have any real power over the properties and you are on your own more than not.

Good luck.