FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:17 pm
estancergist

Originally Posted by Mirnada
I am rooted, I can unroot if needed (why is it needed to run the softcard app? Does it actually check against whether or not the phone is rooted, and fail to run if so? I've never seen/heard of any apps that do that).
Yes, it checks if you are rooted. You will need to unroot, or hide that you are rooted. You'll have to be rooted to modify system files.

Originally Posted by Mirnada
I could probably find the analogous files for a supported phone model online somewhere, to figure out what to change those values to. My concern is the "and maybe some others" part. Sounds like I'm asking for trouble, changing 3 lines that some guy on the internet haphazardly threw out as being "maybe" the right ones. Any better idea where to nail down exactly what changes would need to be made? I'm willing to guinea pig this out for others (anyone with an unsupported Nexus device and some chutzpah) if I can get confirmation that such a thing ought to work.
I have done this for other apps (but not softcard) and it has worked. Which values it checks for would depend on the app, and since I haven't tried with softcard I can't tell you for sure. If you look at the build.prop file you should get a pretty good idea which values they might check for.

---Examples---

my Sprint Galaxy S3:
ro.product.model=SPH-L710
ro.product.name=d2spr
ro.product.device=d2spr
ro.product.brand=samsung

a friends Verizon Galaxy S3:
ro.product.model=SCH-I535
ro.product.name=2dvzw
ro.product.device=2dvzw
ro.product.brand=Verizon

I can't guarantee this will work, but it's the first thing I would try.