FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earned free days vs 1-2-Free days for one way rental
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:04 am
nd2010

Earned free days vs 1-2-Free days for one way rental

I want to do a one day one way rental. The normal price is $200, but it drops to .25 whether I use a 1-2-Free coupon or an earned free day. Will I be hit with a surprise drop fee upon return? Which type of free day expires earlier?

I earned 1 of the free days this June, and I earned 2 1-2-Free coupons just 2 weeks ago after a 3 week rental, and also earned another free day from that.

I would find an alternative to a one way rental if I had to pay anything more than a quarter for it.

On a side note, I must have been an unprofitable customer for National this year. I attained Executive and these free rental days mostly from taking advantage of the Florida Drive Out promotion to drive a car 5000 miles from FLL-LAX via New Jersey, 3 weeks for $9 a day. And recently took advantage of the unadvertised Florida Drive In to drive from New York City to FLL via Las Vegas, 8000 miles! That was also 3 weeks at $9 a day. Oh, and I used a $40 off coupon from my credit card company for each of those rentals. But then again, there's Joe Schmoe on his expense account paying $100 a day to drive a few miles.