FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WEIGH IN: Leaving AC, Staying or ALREADY LEFT?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:35 am
SparseFlyer

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Sure. But in the past people upgrading in to J would have been in higher fare buckets. Even people who were not upgrading but were collecting status were in higher fare buckets.

Now if you can't afford paid J you might as well fly on the lowest Tango fare or fly on another airline. There is no incentive for me to ever buy a "Flex" fare or a Lat fare if there is a Tango fare available.
Yeah, I guess this is where AC must've made the math and taken their conclusion.

The extra income in flex/lat probably did not outweight the lost revenue from J, or from having a smaller J cabin.

Which I guess in turn would explain the reduction of J seats, increase in Y density, and reduction of eUps etc

I would assume that most SEs are usually flying paid J (and they seem to be the only one that have gotten some small 'perks'?), while the rest were pretty much told "you can keep priority boarding and other services, but as far as the J cabin goes, you either buy it, or you sit in Y most of the time".

I wonder how many E50/E75 here would be SEs if they would purchase J regularly...