FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access at T5
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:13 am
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Is this only true at heathrow?

According to the above, if I arrive at TXL on a Club Europe flight and am getting on an Air Berlin flight (any class) then I should be able to use the lounge in TXL. Is this true as the "manage my booking" lists lounge access for the BA flights but not for the air berlin flight
BA and OW rules differ somewhat. Per the OW rules one needs to be connecting to from a J/F longhaul flight while BA allows lounge access when connecting to from a CE (shorthaul J flights).

Originally Posted by killerrock
Thanks for the welcome folks. Appreciate the response CWS. I an suprised that the policy is not clear on this, as I guess this must happen often. Given the depth of experience on this site, was hoping to find folks who have been thru the grind.
The policy is clear - the departing long haul flight determines lounge access eligibility. Neither OW nor BA rules specifically allow lounge access prior to an otherwise ineligible longhaul flight when connecting from an eligible longhaul flight. However, I know many instances when people were allowed lounge access when connecting between two BA longhaul flights.