FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the Amex Plat Worth the Annual Fee?
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:35 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tymothy
Sure the individual valuations of certain benefits vary. But, even for people who find the card to be worthwhile, what do you really place the value of the benefits at? I can't imagine people making an argument that the card is worth all that much more than $450. And if it's not worth all that much more than $450, isn't it probably better not to get it in the first place?

Have you read the responses to this thread? Many people get much more than $450 of value from this card in no uncertain terms. Whether a particular individual does or will get that value is, of course, based on how that person will use the card and what things they would have bought on their own otherwise.

I do 100% agree that there isn't much of a prestige argument here. But I think you'll find that most of the people who get the most value out of a card like this don't often take it out of their wallet to make actual purchases.