FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Segments run without travel document / Flying Blue refusing to cooperate
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:40 am
dimitriyremerov

Originally Posted by Henry III
Just a couple of points ...

(1) Will your consulate/embassy issue you an "Emergency Travel Document" (or the equivalent), as the passport reissue will take so long?

(2) Do you have a driver's licence, or some other form of "Government-Issued Photo-ID?" For flights within the Schengen zone, any such approved document will suffice for check-in and boarding flights.

(However, I know neither your nationality nor your home-base location, so the above points may not even be relevant!)

-- Henry
My nationality is Russian. My home-base location is Amsterdam.

1) No. They only issue an "Emergency Travel Document" which is only valid to return back to Russia. It is not valid to travel elsewhere. With this document I can enter Russia, but can't leave until I get a new passport: which is not going to be any faster there.
2) I do have a Dutch driving license. However, that's not a valid travel document in the EU / Schengen countries (I already checked that: the only valid travel documents are Passport or European ID card). I know for a fact that sometimes no one is checking any ID whatsoever at the AF/KL gates in AMS, OSL, CDG, MRS. I'm just not sure if it's always the case or they do do occasional checks. And could it be that in some airports I would always be checked?