FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T3 international -> T5 domestic connection question
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:03 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
and may need some further refining.
Very good, love the DTP package, looks very authentic!

Seriously, if you want a few comments:

1) The UK Border isn't a hard wall from Flight Connections. There are tensas but if you are in the wrong section they don't seem to mind if you go through them. Notably if you decide Dometic FCC is too stuffed and decide to go through the e-gates.

2) Domestic gates are showing on the side, which may be schematic, but geographically there is a corridor between them and FCC

3) Customer service desks on the north wall (and an overflow one in the corridor mentioned above, not always open).

4) Fast track for the escalators upwards actually makes a full circuit of the escalators so that the right hand escalator goes there.

5) There are lifts above the word North to the security area. I hesitate to tell people about this tip since I regard this as a private perk, but if you use those lifts, when you get to the security floor you can make a decision as to whether to invoke FT status or not, depending on where the queues are.

6) For the UK border I guess you could split that between FT non EEA / non EEA / EEA / EEA E-gates