FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ-AKL PE seats
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:13 am
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ajnz
I don't understand it either. I find the SpaceSeat relatively great for working in (although not being square to the table is irritating) and I like the peace and sense of space in the cabin - it's definitely not crowded.

But to sleep? It's the position of the seat, total lack of recline, and for me, no where to comfortably put my legs - the little bean bag does nothing for me; and this is compounded by the rest of the seat - the seat base, angle, positioning, everything. It just doesn't work for me - it's like trying to sleep in my desk chair in the office.

I think I slept about the same amount in 77W LAX-AKL sectors in U and in Y - and I rate the 77W Y experience the single worst trans-pac flight I've ever taken.
Eeek, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. You mention 'total lack of recline' - I still find the spaceseat reclines more than a Y seat. Yes it's a bit awkward trying to make it work, but it's there nonetheless...

I completely agree about the beanbag. Useless and long since squashed into compressed uselessness.